What is a blister?
A blister is a type of packaging done in thermoformed clear plastic that is mostly used in the marketing of small consumer products. Its use has spread since the blister pack is relatively cheap and permits the stored product to be viewed, providing extra quality checks.
Why use a blister?
- Provides good protection to the product.
- Adds value to the product thanks to its presentation.
- Allows, depending on the design, to be hung easily, stand on a shelf, or both.
- Face-seal blister: Reduces plastic consumption. Suitable for small lightweight products.
- Full-sealed blister: which improves product protection and improved blister image.
- Trapped blister: adds value to the product by improving its presentation, facilitates selective recycling, and adds extra protection to the blister.
- Full plastic blister: which offers good protection and improves the image adding value to the product.
- Blister to blister: offers the best protection to the product and supports products of greater weight.
- Clamshell, non-sealed thermoformed pack: whose lids close against each other and can be used as a case.
|General description||Forming, filling, cutting and sealing machines from film reel|
|Forming film thickness (max.)||0,5 mm||0,5 mm (up to 1 mm in option)|
|Forming area (max.)||210x310||250x350||350x500|
|Forming depth below film line (max.)||60 mm||80 mm||80 mm|
|Cycle speed in dry conditions (cycles/min.)||12 c/min||30 c/min||30 c/min|
|Quick format change||✦✦✦✦✦||✦✦✦✦||✦✦✦✦|
Sealing machine HC 63
Blister packaging BPC 23
Blister packaging BPC 25H / BPC 35H
Hamer designs and manufactures moulds and tooling sets for production equipment of containers and packaging. We apply our knowledge to conceive and design the tooling, although we can also import designs to our system of CAD files supplied by the client.
We have several CNC machining centers, we work with materials such as aluminum, steel, or technical polymers for the manufacture of moulds. We take care of critical aspects such as refrigeration and vacuum circuits that will allow the proper control of the moulding process.
The final assembly and finishing of the moulds are done in our facilities, working the finishes by hand in order to guarantee a superior finish in the pieces.